Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I am Mean.

It's true. I'm mean. I thought I might end up being one of those sweet little pregnant ladies who is always baking and who has little skinny arms like my mom did when she was pregnant. I thought I would be wearing cute dresses EVERY day and when my boyfriend gets off work, I would have dinner ready and the house would be clean. Didn't I have a Things to Due list? Instead --I am mean.

I haven't baked at all. I signed up for a CSA and this week I was too lazy to even go pick it up (this is the first time, however. I usually do pick it up, and I love all the fresh fruit and veggies -- yay Silverlake Farms!). My arms aren't skinny. My dresses are cute, but I have been wearing the same tee-shirt and cotton skirt for 3 days. And when my boyfriend gets off work, instead of having dinner ready, I demand that he massage me and walk the dog and take out the trash and do the laundry and wash the dishes and finish unpacking and get me a popsicle. And then, when he doesn't do all of it when I ask him to (because he is tired or something), I am mean to him and I cry and I pout and I cry more and blame it all on being pregnant. And then we do it all again tomorrow.

And I have been pretty lucky! I haven't thrown up at all, and we have had so much support from all of our friends and family.  When we moved, I barely lifted a box. Scotty works and takes classes and I have been on summer break for over a month. When I do go to work my one teeny summer job, I am there for about 45 minutes. Twice a week. Really, I have nothing to complain about.

But I don't see anything changing anytime soon.

3 comments:

  1. This is perfect. I feel like I was the same way. I baked once and cried through most of it due to a terrible oven. Also, I told Jamie that he ruined my life and that I would starve to death because he put the peanut butter in the refrigerator. I rectified the situation by crying in the corner for 20 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You aren't mean; you're pregnant! It's the one time in your life that you are allowed to be a beotch :)

    I'm pretty sure I did the same thing to my husband when I was pregnant. Just blame the hormones haha.

    Thanks for linking up to Toddle Along Tuesday at Growing Up Geeky and Our Growing Garden!

    I'm your newest follower via GFC :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elle, I love that story! I mentioned it to Scott his morning, as proof that I am not simply trying to ruin his life, but instead that things like room temperature peanut butter and immediate lower back massages are of dire importance at this time. He did not seem convinced, but then, we still have 5 months to go.

    And thank you Mama G, for soothing my guilt. I would like to blame hormones for...everything.

    ReplyDelete