Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Cast of Characters in this Crazy Journey

Scotty B -- My boyfriend/expectant dad extraordinaire. He is sweet, patient, charming, adorable, supportive, etc. The only times I have ever seen him cry have been about issues surrounding our child. He tears up and then denies it. He has bad-ass tattoos and wears a dapper cap.

My parents -- Danny and Patti -- They are great. This baby will be their second grandchild. They live in Fresno and are able to visit often. They spoil us every time we are in town and when they are visiting us. And in between. My dad is battling us on our name choices, but he will come around. My mom is a nurse so she is a great resource.

Scotty's parents -- Donna and Fred -- Adorable. This will be their 1st grandchild! They feed us non-stop and are already starting to stock their closet with diapers. They provide us with much needed prayers and lots of sweetness. Donna is also a nurse so all of our questions get answered, even when the few minutes with our doctor fly by.

Scotty's parents -- Terry and Perla -- Riots. Hysterical. This will be their 7th (or 8th?) grandchild, and they live about half an hour away, so we get to see them often. I am looking forward to floating in their pool when my belly gets really big.

Uncle Choners, Auntie Misque, and cousin Skyler -- This is my baby brother's family. Auntie Misque and Skyler (almost 2 years old!) live in Nor Cal, but they will be moving back down here in a few months, which we are all very excited about. Misque's pregnancy taught us all about water birth, home birth, and change of birth plan, and we got the best little girl out of it. Misque's generosity means I have tons of adorable maternity clothes, fancy pre-natal vitamins I can't swallow, and tons of support. And a cousin for my baby!

Uncle Tee and Auntie Mary -- This is Scotty's brother and his girlfriend. They live over the hill from us and are a great escape for Scotty when I prove to be unbearable. It is so nice to have family nearby, and I only feel a little guilty when they catch me in all my worst moods, which they inevitably do, being so close. And my moods being so awful so often.

Burt Reynolds -- our 5 year old miniature schnauzer. He is currently our only child, and we don't see him taking too well to having to share the attention. Our birthing class has suggested some tactics to get him accustomed to the idea, so we'll see how that goes. Luckily he has lots of grandparents who are willing to take him in should he prove to be a vicious sibling.

Friends -- lots! You'll meet them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment