Monday, July 25, 2011

16 Weeks!

The event that every woman should really try to undertake while pregnant is a move. Resting and getting all that unnecessary sleep is really a shame when there could be moving to do! Our old apartment was charming and lovely and about 450 square feet. While we tried every configuration possible, it turns out three people and a dog just need a little more space, and a full-sized kitchen sink. I am told babies like baths in the sink, and our old cave of a kitchen with its tiny sink and zero counter space refused to accommodate our plans, so we stepped it up 200 square feet to a bright, airy kitchen with a nice deep soaker sink any baby would be proud to pee in. Moving day was hectic as we had not yet finished packing, one of my moving pet peeves. I am pretty much a professional mover, after having moved almost every year for the past 10 years and then every 3 years before that, so I have my systems. This move though -- for some reason I was extra tired and just not in the mood to unshelve 20 boxes worth of books. My adorable parents came to help us, though, and together with Scott, did all the hard work and heavy lifting. They wouldn't let me do much, so I stood around for hours and let them take pictures of my belly, greatly slowing them down. Now it is 2 weeks later and we are all moved in! Except for the stuff in our cars. We are officially out of room. Our trunks are now storage sheds. It's working for us. Now that we are all moved to a MUCH bigger place, I still don't know where the baby is going to go. Good thing that sink is so big.   

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the move! You look fabulous. Big sinks and cooking boyfriends and loving parents will take you a long way there! Looking forward to your adventures. :) You'll be a GREAT mom, I have no doubt. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete