Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Why I Cried Today or My Faulty Placenta or Marginal Previa

At my last appointment I was diagnosed with Marginal or Partial Previa, which basically means that my placenta is partially covering my cervix. My doctor did not seem too concerned, which was reassuring, but as soon as we left the office and started doing research on the condition, I realized that there was so much more to it than she had mentioned. I immediately panicked and refused to call my mother right away as I usually do after every appointment, and waited until we were in a public place where I thought my chances of crying would be reduced due to the number of people. I misjudged my own ability at self-control. I got through the first 3 seconds of greetings, but upon hearing my mother's voice I burst into tears and had to give the phone to Scott, who told my mom the news. She stayed calm for him and then when I was ready to talk again and the phone was handed back, she started crying when she heard my voice and then we started all over again. The waiter kept peeking over to see if we needed anything, and I'm sure he was terribly uncomfortable, because what we really needed was to have had that conversation not there. And chocolate would have helped.

I am easily prone to panic.  

So my mother did more research, as did we, and found out that partial previa usually corrects itself by the later months of pregnancy. Should I start bleeding, then we would have more to worry about. If my faulty placenta does not correct itself and move over to where to should be, then there is a chance I will need a c-section, or I could deliver early. If my cranky placenta refuses to budge I may need to go on bed rest, and as it is I am supposed to take things easy, not lift a lot, etc. So far my doctor has not said anything about pelvic rest, and Scotty and I are very grateful for that. :)

Eventually I calmed down, but I still worry.

1 comment:

  1. I love you ra-ra!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! I am over the moon excited for you!!!!!! You look absolutely stunning and amazing. I had placenta previa w both my boys and I freaked out too in the beginning but it ended up slowly moving aside so there was no need for a c section or any other complications thank goodness. Anyways I love you soooo very very much and am so happy for you! I have to go read the rest of you blog now but here's my new address love
    5748 giddyup lane
    Fort worth tx 76179

    I want to talk to you so I will msg you my cell so we can catch up. It's been so long. Did your mom hear about my parents and the split? They need to catch up too. Maybe we can all have a moms weekend trip when the baby is born :) love you and miss you bunches.
    Hanna

    ReplyDelete